Road crews keep working as many count down to spring

♠ Posted by channel-top-news in ,,,,,,, at 15:25

The snowstorm may have ended, but the work is far from over for public works crews around Berks County.


Crews in Exeter Township spent Friday plowing snow and dumping salt on all 120 miles of roads they have to cover.


"Today we have been continually putting down some salt and some anti-skid. As the sun does its job, we will just keep plowing it back," said Clarence Hamm, the highway superintendent for Exeter Township.


It has been an uphill battle for crews this winter as several small storms have brought sleet and snow. This one, packed one of the biggest punches.


But as crews clear roads and salt, supervisors said they are wondering if this was winter's last hurrah. If not, they will not have enough salt to make it through another storm.


"We are getting down to the bottom of the cupboard and hopefully, we will make it with what we have got here," said Hamm.


Thankfully, their hard work has paid off for countless drivers, who are now looking at wet, but clear roads.


"It is definitely better than yesterday, I will tell you that," said Tyler Rauch, a driver.


At this point, road crews and drivers agree spring cannot come soon enough.


"I am tired of it. You know what I mean? I was born in February, but I am ready for the summertime now," said Rauch.


"I am a summer person. I love the sun, the heat and all that. This snow and all this cold, that is not me," said Tre Jimenez, a driver.


Berks County reached a record low of two degrees overnight, and temperatures are still below freezing, so the concern is roads freezing over. If you are traveling, watch for black ice.






from 69News:Home http://ift.tt/1H8ZXpV

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire