The show must go on!
High school theater students weren't letting the weather get in the way.
Despite a snow day Wednesday, Southern Lehigh High School students still took the stage for the opening night of The Drowsy Chaperone.
Madison Hallman, a senior, said "I'm sure everyone was really happy to have a snow day. The first thing I said was, 'oh my gosh, is there going to be a show?'"
"On one hand you're really excited, you're really happy to be out of school. On the other hand you're really stressed, it's really chaotic trying to get everything planned out so you don't miss anything important.," said Senior Allen Snyder.
"I texted our director first thing in the morning. I was afraid the show was going to get cancelled and we were going to miss two nights in a row and maybe three," said Austin Piel, a senior. "I was really worried that we weren't going to be able to perform tonight."
Director Matthew Wehr said, "Unfortunately last night, with the early dismissal of school, we lost what is an annual tradition for us which is the senior citizens dinner and then we bring them in for the last rehearsal."
Dozens of students involved in the production refused to be outperformed by Old Man Winter.
"I said something along the lines of whether or not they cancel I'm considering showing up anyway," explained Hallman.
Wehr said, "I think tomorrow's going to be the bigger challenge, but really grateful to the custodian maintenance crews who just did an awesome job this morning breaking up the ice and getting the lots ready."
"It's been a busy week, it really has, especially even going back to last week with some challenges with the snow and the ice," he added.
The winter weather hasn't been easy on their schedules as they prepared for the show.
"We've probably lost about six, seven days to snow here so it's been a lot of rehearsal time," said Wehr.
He said they will wait to see what happens with the weather Thursday before making a call about that night's performance.
The Drowsy Chaperone is scheduled to be performed at Southern Lehigh High School through Sunday.
from 69News:Home http://ift.tt/1B4Lj1Y

0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire