Bucks County man has snow plow pump stolen from home

♠ Posted by channel-top-news in ,,,,,,, at 19:55

A Bucks County man who gives back to neighbors says thieves have taken from him.



"I walked around the corner here this morning and wanted to throw up a little bit when I saw that my snow plow pump was gone," said Steven Wright, Jr. of Hilltown Township.



Gone with the pump was the way he offers a warm gesture to neighbors during the cold months.



"When I get home from a ten hour shift, 12 hour shift of snowplowing in a backhoe, I get in my pickup truck and I go around and I take care of all my neighbors," he explained.



Wright says while people sometimes give him money, he doesn't expect anything.



"Ever since I was young I've always done stuff like this for people. This is nothing new for me to help my community out or my neighborhood," he said.



Neighbors appreciate his kindness.



"When it starts snowing I usually watch the road watching for Steven," said Glenn Garand.



"Very appreciative, the snow this year is terrible and I'm glad he was here," said John Cox.



Wright said the piece of equipment was stolen from his truck outside his home sometime overnight before he discovered it Tuesday morning.



"This would be the heart of the snowplow," he explained about the pump. "It runs the whole hydraulic system, it is a hydraulic pump."



"They cut the plug off my wiring harness that goes into my truck," he said. "They managed to get the two hardened steel bolts out of my pump which is kind of amazing. I put them on with an impact gun and they took them off with a wrench."



"It's terrible, it's terrible. The neighborhood has always been great, always been quiet," said Garand.



Cox said, "I was shocked. I called some of the other neighbors and told them what happened so they can be aware of what's happening in the area."



The pump doesn't have a serial number and police said it will be difficult to track down.



"It's going to cost me $1,500 dollars to replace it with a good pump, with a new, good pump," he said. "No, I don't have that money but I have the summer to deal with it."



In the meantime, he and his neighbors have a message for whoever is responsible.



"Get a job, man," said Wright.



"Bring it back and stop doing it," said Garand. "To steal from hardworking people is just wrong."






from 69News:Home http://ift.tt/1MrGQu0

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire